Saturday 9 March 2013

Sparkly Saturday!

I was so looking forward to Saturday. I have had such a long tiring week and was half expecting a lovely sunny Saturday because I'm back at work tomorrow. But what a disappointing day it turned out to be.Woke up to a dark, foggy, rainy morning and it kinda got worst from there really. To lift my mood up a bit I wanted to wear something to exciting but it was one of those days that nothing was good enough.









So I wore this embellished sequin skirt, which I normally wear on a night out(No one believes me when I tell them I bought this skirt for £15) I teamed it up with a denim shirt and this chunky knit jumper to keep my self warm and tone the skirt down because there's so much embellishment on it.
Shirt and jumper combo has almost become my statement look this winter because its a great way to keep warm and look good at the same time.
  The top is quite heavy and chunky so I wore these sheer tights to balance off the look and show a bit of skin. They are cheap tights from Primark but they are as good as the bit expensive once I own.
If your wondering why I'm wearing black socks with tights and ankle boots, the reason is I have very tiny ankles and it leaves a massive gap between the shoe and the ankle, which I don't think look very nice and it also lets the cold air inside the shoe. So this is my trick to wear ankle boots and keep my toes super cosy and warm.
I don't usually do red lips during the day. Having darker skin against red during the day makes it look a bit dramatic and I don't like the contrast. But a day like today needed drastic measures.

Denim Shirt & Tights - Primark
Skirt -Gap outlet
Jumper - Gap
Boots - M&S Limited Edition 

Hope your all having a fab weekend! 

1 comment:

flore said...

I love your style soooo much! Please visit my blog too :))